Service Level Agreement
This agreement covers what levels of availability and support the client is guaranteed to receive as part of the Website Hosting Plan or Website Support plan provided.
Website support and maintenance
- If a Support Plan has been agreed, website support will be provided for the agreement length subject to the conditions of the Support Plan in place.
- Support Plans require a minimum agreement length of 6 months.
- Support is offered (subject to the Website Support clauses 1 and 2 above) during normal office hours (9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday). Support requests outside of this time will be dealt with as soon as possible. Bananadesign will endeavour to respond to and fix support requests outside normal office hours but this does not form part of the Support Plan agreement.
- During holiday periods Bananadesign will provide support cover for emergencies only. Support cover may be provided by a third party appointed by Bananadesign, and may take longer than usual.
- Support Plan response times refer to the time from a request being received and the first response from Bananadesign. Responses will be during normal office hours as described above. Updates and fixes will be made as soon as possible within our target of a same day response and fixes aimed for within 48 hours (depending on the nature of the request and if third parties are involved this may take longer). We will endeavour to fix critical issues as quickly as possible.
- Unused support time does not roll-over to the next month.
- Clients without a Support Plan in place may receive website support subject to Bananadesign’s discretion and availability at Bananadesign’s hourly rate subject to a minimum charge of £75.
- Website Hosting is a service to make a Client website accessible on the world wide web.
- We provide hosting services from selected specialist hosting companies. Our role is to manage the hosting account while the hosting company manages the hosting platform. We also liaise with the hosting company on your behalf.
- We currently use the following suppliers:
- Eco Web Hosting Shared hosting (UK)
- Layershift VPS (UK)
- Cloudways VPS (Various locations)
- Vultr VPS (Various locations)
- Hetzner Off-site backups (Germany)
- We provide different Hosting Plans which are suitable for different website needs and not all plans will be suitable for every client need or situation, especially if Client’s circumstances change over time. If your chosen plan becomes unsuitable because of increased traffic, high bandwidth usage, increased security needs or performance issues the Client may be required to move to a different plan at additional cost.
- We do not provide fixed limits on storage, memory usage, CPU usage or bandwidth usage. However we operate on a ‘fair usage’ basis and if the service is impacted by a Client’s website we will inform the Client of this and what steps the Client will need to take. If the service is consistently or severely impacted by a Client’s website, we may suspend the Client’s website from using the service.
- The Hosting Plan is guaranteed an uptime of at least 99.9% per month. The service uptime does not apply to service interruptions caused by scheduled or required server maintenance or problems with your website or causes beyond Bananadesign’s control.
- Client data stored on the Hosting Plan will remain the Client’s property, and the Client is the data controller with regards to the GDPR. We and our suppliers act as data processors. Please see our Data Processing Agreement for more information.
- Websites are monitored by Bananadesign during office hours (9am – 6pm Monday to Friday). We implement systems to notify us of service issues and we will try to resolve these issues as soon as possible including out-of-office-hours. However this is on a best-endeavours basis and is not a formal part of the agreement.
- Clients are responsible for and accept liability for the content on their website. Bananadesign reserve the right to remove content or the service without prior notice, if content is: illegal, offensive, infringes copyright, defamatory or brings Bananadesign or its clients into disrepute.
- Clients must take reasonable precautions to ensure the security of any passwords required for access to the website and/or server.
- Clients must take reasonable precautions to ensure the systems they use to access the website are free from viruses, trojans, worms and other malware that may affect the service.
- Websites backups:
- Standard Hosting Plan Bananadesign will backup the website once daily and store backups for 7 days. Bananadesign are not responsible for storing backups and website content for longer than this.
- Enhanced Hosting Plan Bananadesign will backup the website four times daily and store backups for 7 days. Off-site back-ups are taken once daily and stored for up to 30 days. Bananadesign are not responsible for storing backups and website content for longer than this.
- The Hosting Plan is a managed service available to Clients that Bananadesign have designed and/or built websites for. To ensure security direct server access is available to the Client and its agents at Bananadesign’s discretion.
- Hosting Plan renewals fall due on the renewal date. Cancellation of the Hosting Plan requires 30 days notice in writing to Bananadesign before the renewal date.
- No refunds will be given for cancellation of the Hosting Plan by the Client during the agreement length.
- Bananadesign reserve the right to suspend, withdraw or terminate services for any website that is in payment arrears of 30 days or more.
- Bananadesign will not provide web server or control panel access to third parties.
- Bananadesign will endeavour to ensure the security of the website and server but Bananadesign does not guarantee that the website will not be hacked, defaced or damaged by unauthorised access. Bananadesign will not be held responsible for any consequential losses that may occur.
- Upon termination of the Hosting Plan and subject to all outstanding payments being made and only at the Client’s request, Bananadesign will provide a .zip archive of the website files and database free of charge.
- Email may be provided as a courtesy and is not an agreed or guaranteed service. Bananadesign recommend Clients use third-party specialist email service providers.